Denver Product Liability AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Consumers should never have to worry about whether the products they buy to use or consume will cause them or their families harm. Unfortunately, defective products make it into the hands of consumers on a regular basis.
At Fuicelli & Lee, our team is here to help when you need a Denver product liability attorney by your side. We have the resources necessary to conduct complete investigations into these cases, determine liability, and help our clients secure full compensation for their losses. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Turn to Fuicelli & Lee?
- The attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee are fierce litigators, and we have successfully obtained significant multi-million dollar settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of our clients.
- Our attorneys believe in taking a client-centered approach to every case that we take. This means that every client will understand exactly what is going on with their case, and they can ask us any questions or concerns they have.
- We take Denver product liability cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will only pay legal fees after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to.
How Will a Denver Product Liability Attorney Help My Case?
Product liability claims can become very complicated, particularly when determining fault. A product liability lawyer in Denver will be necessary so that there are resources available to conduct a complete investigation into what happened. This will include obtaining various types of evidence, such as:
- Photo or video surveillance of the injury incident
- Any documents pertaining to the unsafe product
- Internal company or manufacturer documents/memos
Additionally, an attorney can use their resources to ensure that their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can treat their injuries and help properly calculate their total expected losses. An attorney will negotiate with all parties involved to reach a fair settlement on behalf of their client, and they will also prepare the case for trial if necessary.
What Causes Dangerous or Defective Products?
Products can become defective in a variety of ways. When our Denver product liability attorneys investigate these claims, we often discover that the problems arise due to the following:
- Design defects. All product designs should be thoroughly tested and approved before they enter the manufacturing phase. Unfortunately, there are times when companies and/or regulatory agencies fail to notice a design defect.
- Manufacturing defects. There are times when even a well-designed product can be altered or damaged during the manufacturing process. When a manufacturing defect occurs, the altered design could present safety problems for consumers.
- Problems with the labeling. These are also often referred to as advertising problems or marketing defects and have to do with the information presented to the consumer that is incorrect or misleading. This can include issues with a product’s warnings, ingredients, dosages, instructions, etc.
- Failure to warn or “inadequate warnings.” Failure to warn cases involve injuries caused as a result of a product being sold without a proper warning to consumers. Some of the most well-known “failure to warn” cases involved the tobacco companies. The tobacco cases were based on a failure by the tobacco companies to adequately warn the public about the addictive and dangerous nature of their products.
When we look at the government website that keeps track of all current recalls in the United States, we can see that defective products occur in all industries. Each year, there are recalls of:
- Dangerous Toys
- Car crashes due to defective products, including defective tires
- Defective cars and vehicle parts
- Dangerous medications
- Defective medical devices
- Defective electrical products
- Defective car seats
- …and more
Unfortunately, there is a long history of product defects that injure or kill. From vehicles that roll or crush too easily to pharmaceutical products like VIOXX® and ReNu®, defective products come in many shapes and sizes.
Who is Liable for a Defective Product?
Successfully bringing a defective product case requires skill and expertise. These cases often involve complex and hotly contested theories of liability. Additionally, the large corporations that are to blame fight tenaciously, as any adverse verdict or settlement can have huge financial consequences.
To succeed in a lawsuit involving a defective or dangerous product, an attorney must demonstrate that your injuries were the result of a defect. These claims often fall into one of two categories; strict liability and negligence.
In a strict liability case, a defective product claim must include evidence to support that the product itself was defective — despite any warnings to consumers that the product manufacturer did or did not provide. As in the case of a personal injury claim, product liability lawsuits involving negligence must demonstrate that a party’s negligence or recklessness led to the victim’s injuries.
There are a variety of theories that our lawyers may use to build a case around incidents involving defective and dangerous products. Ultimately, an attorney must determine the best course of action by initiating an investigation and utilizing their in-depth knowledge of the law. Our Denver product liability lawyers are prepared to do just that for you.
Fuicelli & Lee proudly serves consumers who suffer injury or the loss of a loved one due to dangerous or defective products, including:
Monsanto Roundup Cancer Lawsuits
Roundup, which is manufactured by Monsanto, is one of the most widely used weed killers in the United States. While this product is very effective at achieving its intended purpose, it also results in harmful side effects to the user. Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, has been found to increase your risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Just about anyone who comes into contact with Roundup on a regular basis experiences an increased risk of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a cancer that impacts the lymphatic system. Individuals most likely to face this increased risk include:
- Garden center employees
- People working in nurseries
- Agricultural workers
If you’ve contracted non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and you regularly used Roundup, you may be entitled to file a defective product lawsuit to recover compensation for your damages. Our product liability lawyers can help you recover compensation for one or more of the following:
- Medical expenses for cancer treatment
- Lost wages if you must miss work
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses, in cases involving the wrongful death of a loved one
3M Defective Earplug Lawsuits
3M Company manufactured earplugs used by the military to protect soldiers’ hearing during combat. These earplugs are designed to block out loud noises from blasts and other combat-related tasks. However, some of these earplugs were defective and caused soldiers to experience full or partial hearing loss.
The 3M Dual-Ended Combat Arms Earplugs Version 2 (CAEv2) were distributed to thousands of soldiers between 2003 and 2015. They were used in several combat zones, including Iraq and Afghanistan. The CAEv2 earplugs were too short, preventing them from being inserted properly into the ears of the soldiers using them. As a result, the earplugs would loosen, allowing sounds to enter the ear, which caused irreparable hearing damage.
In July 2018, 3M settled a product liability claim with the U.S. government for $9.1 million. This claim alleged 3M knew about the defect and still sold the earplugs to the military. If you served in the military between 2003 and 2015 and suffered hearing loss after using the 3M CAEv2 earplugs, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your damages. The attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee can advise you of your legal rights and options during a consultation.
Injuries Caused by a Dangerous or Defective Product
Due to the variety of defects and risks included in product liability law, defective product injuries may present very differently from person to person. Some of the serious injuries that can occur as a result of a faulty product include:
- Bodily injury, including traumatic brain injury, broken bones, disfigurement, burns, and permanent disability.
- Cancer, including non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, mesothelioma, and cancer of the bladder, lungs, uterus, stomach, prostate, and colon.
- Psychological injury, including loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, and loss of companionship in the case of wrongful death.
Your attorney will seek to understand the nature and extent of your defective product injury and ensure that your claim addresses the economic and non-economic damages you’ve experienced to the fullest degree.
Call a Denver Product Liability Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to a defective product in the Denver area, reach out to the team at Fuicelli & Lee as soon as possible. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling complex defective product cases, and we know what it takes to secure full financial compensation on behalf of our clients.
We want to make sure that injury victims in these situations receive coverage for their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering losses, and more. When you need a Denver product liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling (303) 355-7202.
“Lori Tolle and her team are fantastic! They communicate well and are very compassionate. They made a complicated case go much smoother than anticipated. I highly recommend Fuicelli & Lee, P.C.” – Troy H. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews.
Fuicelli & Lee, PC – Denver Office
1731 Gilpin Street
Denver, CO 80218
P: (303) 355-7202