Denver Self-Driving/Autopilot Accident LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Since the first automobile hit the road in the late 19th century, technological advances have continued to improve the safety, performance, and comfort of automobiles. Automobiles have historically been controlled by humans. But now, two companies, Waymo and Tesla, are at the forefront of developing self-driving automobiles, which are promoted as being safer than human-controlled vehicles. While we may get to a point where automobiles need no human intervention, current “self-driving” vehicles still require human control. As a result, there are legitimate concerns about the safety of self-driving vehicles. These vehicles are still being tested across the United States, including in Colorado, to improve the technology and make them safer for wider public use. If you are injured in a self-driving/autopilot car accident, establishing fault might require a specialized investigation. The attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee can help you make sense of the legal implications of an accident with a self-driving/autopilot vehicle. Contact our experienced Denver self-driving accident attorneys today!
Why You Should Hire Fuicelli & Lee
- At Fuicelli & Lee, our firm’s core value is to obtain full, fair, and complete compensation for every client, every time.
- We understand the strategies insurance companies use to put their profits before your well-being, and we will make sure they do not undervalue your claim.
- We thoroughly prepare each claim as though it will go to court. We use every resource necessary to tell your side of the story and build your most compelling case. We won’t be intimidated and we never back down from a fight.
If you have been injured in a self-driving/autopilot accident, we can help you unravel the intricacies involved in getting compensation for your injuries. Call us today at (303) 355-7202 for a free consultation and assessment of your case.
Duty of Car Owners to Carry Insurance
Every vehicle owner in Colorado is required to carry liability policy insuring against any loss from injury or death of any person caused by the vehicle while in operation. Vehicle owners may also carry uninsured motorist coverage to insure against losses suffered from death or injury caused by an uninsured motorist.
Colorado Is an At-Fault Insurance State
Colorado is an at-fault car accident state. This means that when there is an accident, the party who is at fault for the accident bears the responsibility of covering the losses suffered by the other parties.
For this reason, establishing all the parties at fault in an accident is very important to getting compensation for your injuries. As with any road accident, there could be several factors that contribute to one accident. Mechanical malfunctions, road conditions, and reckless driving could all be at fault in an accident.
When an accident occurs, one of the factors that investigators seek to rule out as a cause is product malfunction. For example, whether there were any parts or functions in the car that malfunctioned because of defective manufacturing, causing the accident.
Establishing product liability depends on a number of factors, including:
- Whether the consumer was using the product as instructed by the manufacturer. With current self-driving/autopilot vehicles, drivers are still required to take precautions and pay attention to the road and their vehicles to ensure the safety of others.
- Whether the product was manufactured in compliance with any existing codes or regulations.
- And how long after the product is first sold the accident happens.
It is important that drivers and self-driving vehicle manufacturers comply with current regulations requiring human supervision and control of self-driving vehicles. Any person who does not comply can be held responsible for the losses suffered if their actions cause an accident.
Contact a Denver Self-Driving/Autopilot Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a self-driving/autopilot accident in Denver, contact the experienced car accident attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee Your first consultation is free, so call us now at (303) 355-7202 to get honest and straightforward guidance on your case.
Fuicelli & Lee, PC – Denver Office
1731 Gilpin Street
Denver, CO 80218
P: (303) 355-7202