Denver Defective Medical Device AttorneysRequest Free Consultation
Millions of people throughout this country rely on medical devices each day to keep themselves healthy. However, there are times when defective medical devices cause severe injuries or illnesses for patients. At Fuicelli & Lee, we are here to help when you need a Denver product liability attorney by your side. Our team has extensive experience handling complex faulty product cases throughout Colorado, and we understand what it takes to secure maximum compensation on behalf of our clients. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Fuicelli & Lee?
- The Denver injury attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee have a track record of success, and we have secured significant multimillion-dollar settlements on behalf of injury victims.
- Our motto, “Experience Matters,” is a reflection of the track record of our relentless pursuit of justice on behalf of every client that we take.
- We handle Denver defective medical device cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients will not have to pay any legal fees until after we obtain the compensation they are entitled to.
What Will a Denver Defective Medical Device Attorney do to Help?
Defective medical device cases can become complicated, often because there is a blurred line between whether or not these claims are faulty product cases or medical malpractice cases. An attorney can use their resources to conduct a complete investigation into the case. This will include obtaining various types of evidence, such as:
- All documents related to the medical device
- The medical records of the patient/consumer
- All doctor’s notations related to the medical device and why it is used
Additionally, an attorney may need to work with trusted doctors and medical device experts who can conduct a complete evaluation of the patient and the device. All this information will need to be presented to insurance carriers, legal teams, and possibly a jury.
Defective Medical Devices Can Cause Severe Injuries
Every medical device in the United States has to be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) before it can be sold or used by consumers for medical professionals. The FDA lists three classes of devices that require inspection and approval:
- Class 1 Devices. These include low-risk devices such as bandages, walkers, wheelchairs, and basic surgical instruments.
- Class 2 Devices. These are considered intermediate-risk devices, and many of these are considered moderately invasive, though they may not necessarily be implanted inside of a person’s body. Some of the most common Class 2 devices include insulin pumps, IV infusion pumps, CT scanners, etc.
- Class 3 Devices. These are considered the highest risk medical devices, and they undergo extensive testing before they can be used on patients. In general, these devices are considered invasive and are usually implanted inside of a person’s body for life-sustaining purposes. Some of the most common Class 3 devices are pacemakers, heart valves, deep brain stimulators, spinal cord stimulators, etc.
Any time a medical device is defective, it could cause significant patient harm. A recent study conducted over a ten-year period showed that defective medical devices caused more than 80,000 deaths in the US.
Call a Denver Defective Medical Device Attorney
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to a defective medical device, please reach out to the team at Fuicelli & Lee as soon as possible. Our compassionate and experienced attorneys have the resources necessary to conduct a complete investigation into these cases, determine liability, and help clients secure the compensation they are entitled to. This can include coverage of their medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Denver defective medical device attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling (303) 355-7202.
“Lori Tolle and her team are fantastic! They communicate well and are very compassionate. They made a complicated case go much smoother than anticipated. I highly recommend Fuicelli & Lee, P.C.” – Troy H. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews.
Fuicelli & Lee, PC – Denver Office
1731 Gilpin Street
Denver, CO 80218
P: (303) 355-7202