Longmont Car Accident AttorneyRequest Free Consultation
Car Accident Lawsuit Lawyers in Longmont, Colorado
Over $100 Million Recovered in Verdicts and Settlements
Car accidents can happen instantly, but their consequences can last a lifetime. Auto accidents are a leading cause of serious injuries and death in Longmont and throughout Northern Colorado. And while they occur every day, motor vehicle collisions take immense tolls on people’s lives.
After a car accident injures you in Longmont, you can expect significant financial pressures from medical costs to lost income. In some cases, you may sustain a temporary or permanent disability that can affect your ability to earn income for the rest of your life.
Traffic accidents can result from poor judgment, speeding, drunk driving, distracted driving, or reckless driving. According to the Colorado Department of Transportation, 9,621 car crashes wracked Boulder County and Weld County in one recent year.
If a car wreck in Longmont injures you or takes a family member, you may question how to recover compensation for your losses. Contact a Longmont car accident lawyer at Fuicelli & Lee to learn how we can help you.
We are experienced trial lawyers with the power and compassion to get full, fair, and complete compensation for every client. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation by calling (303) 355-7202.
Why Choose Fuicelli & Lee as Your Car Accident Lawyer in Longmont?
How Hiring Fuicelli & Lee Can Help Your Accident Case
As a leading law firm in Colorado for seriously injured people, we have the knowledge and experience to handle your case with the utmost care and attention.
- $100 million recovered in settlements and verdicts. One of Fuicelli & Lee’s core values is to focus on the well-being of our clients. Protecting your interests and obtaining compensation is a way to measure our success in adhering to our values. It’s not about our number of cases but about achieving life-changing verdicts and settlements for our clients. With over $100 million in compensation, including $13 million for a recent fatal motor vehicle collision, we have helped people move forward after devastating physical injuries.
- Award-winning Colorado attorneys. To make a difference in the lives of our clients, we need to achieve justice. We are honored to have our team recognized and awarded by prestigious organizations such as SuperLawyer and the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association for our commitment to consumer protection. Furthermore, our attorneys’ exceptional results have led to our induction into the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We have also been named as some of America’s Top 100 Attorneys and The National Trial Lawyers Association’s Top 100. Our peers frequently call us to provide co-counsel or take over their most complex cases. With this recognition, we are confident we provide our clients with the best possible representation and results.
- Choosing the right attorney. When finding the right car accident attorney in Longmont, the most important factor is experience – not just experience as a lawyer, but trial experience. Insurance companies know which lawyers take cases to trial and which do not. For full, fair, and complete compensation for your claim, you need to hire a firm that’s not afraid to take your case to trial if necessary. The testimonials from our clients and their families humble us. We earned our reputation as dedicated lawyers because we will do what it takes to get the compensation you deserve and need. Let us champion your rights and bring you justice for your car accident injuries.
5 Ways Fuicelli & Lee Can Help You Right Now with Your Car Accident
At Fuicelli & Lee, we understand the immense stress of an automobile accident.
We can help you with your car accident claim today in five ways:
- Wherever you are, we will be there. If you cannot come to our office because of your injuries or schedule, we can meet you wherever you are – in the hospital or at your home. We want to make discussing your car accident case with our attorneys as easy and stress-free as possible.
- We provide you with a free case evaluation. You can talk to our Longmont personal injury lawyers for free. We want you to learn about your legal options without any obligation. Another benefit of working with Fuicelli & Lee is that we charge no upfront fees. Our no-fee promise guarantees that you will only pay us if we win your case because we represent accident victims on a contingency basis. This allows us to take cases we believe in without any risk to you.
- We will handle all correspondence with the insurance company. Dealing with auto insurance companies can create stress, especially when building a case for maximum compensation. You need an experienced attorney on your side to guide you through the legal maze. We will talk with the insurance company so you don’t have to. This also protects you from saying something that might hurt your case.
- We investigate and gather evidence. We immediately begin our investigation and evidence collection so we have all the necessary information to build a strong car accident case. We can work with expert accident reconstruction engineers and investigators to prove how your auto accident in Longmont happened.
- We can find medical experts to testify about your injuries. After a serious car accident, you will need extensive medical care. We can work with you to find doctors and specialists to evaluate your injuries and prevent the insurance company from downplaying them. We can also try to convince your doctors to treat you without charge, pending the outcome of your legal case.
With our team’s combined resources and experience, we have what it takes to fight for the justice you deserve.
How Much Compensation Can I Get for My Injury in Longmont?
The compensation you can get will depend on the specific circumstances of your accident. Factors that can determine the value of your potential compensation include the type of injury and how much fault, if any, you bear for the accident.
Your compensation may include damages for economic and non-economic losses. We can easily quantify your economic losses, such as past and future medical expenses, past and future lost income, and damaged property. We also know how to evaluate non-economic or intangible losses like pain and suffering, emotional stress, inconvenience, and harm to your quality of life.
Colorado Minimum Car Insurance Requirements
Every vehicle owner in Colorado must carry liability insurance to cover bodily injury, death, and property damage arising from an accident.
Colorado’s insurance minimums require drivers to carry:
- $25,000 to cover the injury or death of one person in an accident;
- $50,000 to cover injuries or death of all persons in a single accident; and
- $15,000 to cover property damage arising from an accident.
Vehicle owners may choose to maintain insurance policies with higher limits.
Vehicle insurance companies in Colorado must offer uninsured or underinsured insurance policies. Although vehicle owners can opt out of this extra coverage, your uninsured or underinsured insurance policy can provide added protection if the negligent driver doesn’t have enough insurance or no insurance at all.
What if I Contributed to the Accident?
Partial fault for an accident does not automatically bar you from getting compensation for your injury or the death of a loved one. Colorado follows a comparative negligence system, where the law measures the victim’s fault against the other driver’s fault.
To determine compensation in a case involving shared fault:
- First, a judge or jury determines the total compensation someone could recover if they were not at fault.
- Next, they determine the percentage of fault of each party for the accident.
- Finally, a judge or jury subtracts the portion of the fault from the total amount of recoverable compensation.
To better understand how to assign fault in disputed liability claims, call us for your free consultation with our Longmont car accident attorneys, discuss your case, and learn about your rights.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Claim in Longmont?
Seek medical attention and talk with our local attorneys right after you get into a car accident. Sometimes an injury may not manifest immediately after an accident, and a medical exam ensures no problems will emerge later.
The statute of limitations in Colorado sets a three-year deadline for most injured people to file a lawsuit. When you need to file a lawsuit against a government body or government employee, you must file a lawsuit within six months of discovering the injury.
Call Our Longmont Car Accident Lawyer Today
You need an attorney who will not simply focus on settling your case. While most cases do settle, you will achieve the best outcomes when your attorney prepares for trial and has a track record of success in similar cases.
The strength of your case and the compensation you receive ultimately recover depend on the experience and reputation of your attorney and their law firm. When the opposing party sees you represented by a team ready and able to fight for your rights, they are more likely to offer a settlement that fully compensates you for your losses.
Contact our local Longmont personal injury attorney and start the process of having an attorney advocate for you and alleviate the stress of paperwork, insurance claims, and lawsuits. Call (303) 355-7202 for a free evaluation of your case, or contact Fuicelli & Lee online to determine if we are the right law firm for you.