• Colorado Injury Law Twitter
  • Colorado Injury Law Facebook
  • Colorado Injury Law LinkedIn
  • Colorado Injury Law Instagram
  • Colorado Injury Law YouTube

Free Case Evaluation (303) 355-7202

Colorado Car Accident FAQ

We answer some of our most frequently asked personal injury questions below. However, no two car accident cases are alike. If you don’t see your question below, or if you need more detail, please contact our office. We offer free consultations on every case.

Do I need a personal injury attorney?

Fortunately, most car accidents involve no injuries or minor injuries. In most cases, drivers take responsibility for their actions, insurance pays on claims and people get the medical care and car repairs they need. When a car accident results in only minor property damage, you can likely manage the claim on your own.

Unfortunately, a significant number of car accidents result in serious injury or death. Sometimes, negligent drivers don’t accept responsibility for their actions. In these cases, a personal injury attorney can help ensure proper medical care and compensation for damages including non-economic damages or coverage for permanent impairment.

What should I do if insurance won’t cover my medical bills after a car crash?

Too many people have this experience with insurance. Unfortunately, many insurance companies operate under what Fuicelli and Lee, PC calls the 3 Ds: Delay, Deny, Defend. As individuals try to recover from one of the most difficult experiences of their lives, insurance red tape can make the process even more challenging.

Some people eventually give up on insurance after trying to jump through all the hoops, which only encourages insurance companies to continue their unethical practices. Rather than give up, we encourage you to seek legal advice from an experienced lawyer.

Our dedicated Colorado car accident lawyers understand the 3 Ds and how to work around them. We will not give up on your case. We will work hard to get fair compensation for your injuries, including taking the case to trial if necessary.

I was in a hit-and-run accident. What should I do?

There are a number of things that you should do as soon as possible if you are involved in a a hit-and-run accident. If you are injured, seek medical attention immediately. In addition, you should call the police to investigate the accident.

At the time of the accident, as you see that the other vehicle is fleeing, try to make a note of any details. Obviously, license plate numbers are great, but even color, vehicle type, make, model and other information can help police track down the suspect.

Finally, your uninsured/underinsured motorist policy may cover damage caused by hit-and-run drivers. Essentially, the policy treats a hit-and-run driver as an uninsured motorist.

If you are injured in a hit-and-run accident, speak with an experienced Denver hit-and-run accident lawyer right away.

I have had medical problems some time after a car accident. Can I still get help?

The extremely aggressive, jarring nature of some car accidents can cause serious spinal cord injuries or brain injuries. These injuries can take time to present, and symptoms might not show up immediately after an accident.

Some people also experience shock at the time of the accident, which can delay pain or discomfort from other injuries. Adrenaline can also mask symptoms and injuries while at the scene of a car accident.

Some insurance companies try to use delayed symptoms to deny a claim. They assert that these symptoms do not relate to the accident. In these cases, it is important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney immediately to protect your rights.

If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, speak with an experienced, dedicated Denver car accident lawyer immediately to discuss your options.

Dealing with insurance companies, police, and other drivers can become extremely stressful, and in fact may not result in getting the compensation your need to get on with your life. The experienced Denver auto collision attorneys at Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. can help recover that compensation. For more information and a FREE CONSULTATION contact Fuicelli & Lee today at 303-355-7202.



Announcing Our Third Location and Welcoming Attorney Mr. Tim O’Shea

By Fuicelli & Lee Staff

Fuicelli & Lee, P.C. is excited to announce the opening of our third office location and to …  

Read More


I’ve Been in a Car Accident–Frequently Asked Questions

By Keith Fuicelli

You’ve just been in an auto accident and now you’ve got a ton of questions We have answers for …  

Read More


Hit-and-Run Accidents: Who Pays the Bills and Getting a Fair Settlement

By Keith Fuicelli

Recovering damages for medical and vehicle expenses after an accident If you’ve been in a car acc…  

Read More

contact Our Law Firm today!