Many people love the freedom and power that they feel riding their motorcycles on the open road. While is definitely a romance involved in riding a motorcycle, there is also an increased risk of accident and serious injury compared to a car or truck. Although no one wants or expects to be injured in a motorcycle wreck, they are, unfortunately, a fact of life. After motorcycle accident, there are several questions that you should be asking yourself:
- Am I getting the medical care that I need for my injuries?
- Is my motorcycle salvageable?
- Will my insurance take care of me?
These questions are important, and need to be answered, but in the back of your mind, some other questions will probably come up as well.
- How much will this accident cost me?
- Can I afford it?
- Can my family handle this financial burden?While these questions may be secondary to the health questions, they are important nonetheless. Once you have secured your health and safety, it is time to look into a motorcycle accident attorney.Unfortunately, this presents one more big question: Which motorcycle accident lawyer do I hire? An experienced lawyer can help you sort out the mess of the accident, take any legal action that is needed, and recover the financial compensation that you need to get your life back to normal. Because your lawyer will be such an important member of your team, hiring the right one can be a source of stress all by itself. At Fuicelli and Lee, PC we believe that hiring a lawyer should be a relief, not a source of stress. Here are some things to consider when hiring a Denver motorcycle accident attorney:
- Word-of-mouth is often an attorney’s best advertising. Ask your friends, coworkers and family members if they can recommend someone. Make sure to find out what the person liked about the lawyer that they are recommending.
- Speak with several attorneys. Handling your case may require that you tell your attorney very sensitive personal information so it is vital that you feel comfortable confiding in him or her.
- Experience matters. Many lawyers handle multiple practice areas, but most have one or two areas of particular specialization. Try to find one whose specialty applies to your situation. No matter how highly an attorney comes recommended, if he or she is inexperienced with your type of case, it will not be possible to get the maximum compensation for you.
- If someone makes it sound like your case will be easy, he or she may not be dealing honestly with you. An attorney should tell you what drawbacks there are in your situation to help you make an informed decision.
- Ask the attorneys you speak with about their fees right up front. Many motorcycle accident lawyers will work on a contingency basis, which means that you only pay the attorney if he or she wins the case, or gets a settlement for you. Like any other product or service, price may be a consideration in your decision.
- Before you make the final decision, check with the Colorado Supreme Court to find out whether the attorney that you wish to hire has had any complaints registered against him or her. This can be done online in just a few minutes.
The experienced, aggressive Denver motorcycle accident attorneys at The Law Firm of Fuicelli and Lee believe in open and honest communication with potential clients. Fuicelli and Lee, PC will meet with you for a FREE CONSULTATION, and give you honest thoughts on your situation based on the information you provide and our extensive experience with Denver Colorado personal injury law. If we take your case, we will work as hard as we can to give you personal attention and protect your legal rights. If you have been injured in a Denver motorcycle crash, contact Keith at Fuicelli and Lee at (303) 355-7202 today.